Gauri Khan has always been known for her independence and strong character and it seems that the entrepreneur is now going to add another title to her already packed resume by branching out into the fashion industry.
Gauri, wife of Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan, is reportedly lending her creativity to Indian fashion label Satya Paul and will be launching her own fashion line for the brand to mark the its 30th anniversary.
Already a successful interior designer, the fashionista said: “My signature line of clothing for Satya Paul will showcase a distinctive aspect of my own personal style.
“Co-creating and endorsing a line for one of India’s finest brands will be a new experience for me.”
Inspired by an exotic holiday, Gauri’s debut clothing and accessories collection is entitled ‘A Tropical Wonder’. The collection will follow a summery and soothing colour and theme consisting of casual and occasional clothing items from shift dresses and sheer tunics to flowing kaftans and saris.
Sanjay Kapoor, managing director of Genesis Colors, the holding company for Satya Paul said: “It has been extremely exciting to involve Gauri Khan in this project, something completely different from what we have done before.
“She has a distinct aesthetic, apart from being a veritable fashion icon.”
The luxurious and chic Spring-Summer 2015 line targeting the young Indian woman is set to be launched next month.
Advice on Keeping Your Hair Looking Healthy and Beautiful this Winter
The winter months are upon us and the weather is getting colder every day. Now is the time to start thinking about how to protect your hair from the effects of the cold, wet weather. This November, Asgar Saboo, Style Director of the Daniel Galvin Salon and hairstylist to stars including Cindy Crawford, Eva Longoria , Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Hrithik Roshan, has suggested the top tips to maintain healthy hair this winter.
1. Condition your hair. Cold air or dry heat from indoor heating can cause your hair to lose moisture and become dry and flaky. Treating your hair with a good quality deep-conditioning serum or balm will help to replenish moisture.
2. Don’t wash your hair too often. Not washing your hair too often will preserve moisture in the hair and prevent it from becoming coarse and unmanageable. Always dry your hair before leaving the house – not just to avoid getting a cold but also to keep your hair from becoming brittle and dry.
3. Keep your hair covered. You can either use a hat or silk scarf to protect it from rain, snow or wind. A sudden change of weather can cause a lot of damage to your hair.
4. Trim your hair regularly. A light trim every 6 to 8 weeks will do wonders to prevent split ends.
5. Use good quality heat defence spray. If you tend to use heat styling tools make sure to apply heat spray or leave-in conditioner to keep your hair hydrated, soft and shiny.
For more information and advice on styling tips visit Asgar on:
Celebrating its silver jubilee anniversary, Ogaan, one of India’s oldest multi designer fashion boutiques held a grand exhibition at its Hauz Khas store. The exhibition will be a journey through time as it will showcase work from those who have been associated with the line’s proprietor Kavita Bhartia from the beginning. the boutique first opened in Delhi which laid the foundation of Indian fashion.
Bhartia said, “In November, 1989 I opened the store with the late designer Rohit Khosla. It was the second multi-brand store in the country and the idea was to showcase the design and craft of Indian designers under one roof. The first such store in the country was opened by Tarun Tahiliani in Bombay. So I followed Tarun and gave an opportunity to Rohit Bal, Shahab Durazi, Madhu Jain and Anamika Khanna.”
Commenting on the evolution of fashion in other countries she added, “This concept exists all over the world. In 1980s there were only local durzees and people had to travel abroad to get their share of garments and accessories.
We have a long way to go but slowly and steadily our designers have become experts and are now giving competition to designers across the world.
They are in the business of fashion globally because of multiple factors like unique content in terms of designing and better pricing. So they are leading a wave of Indian fashion.”
The name Ogaan comes from the Sanskrit word which means ‘something for everybody’, according to Bhartia the name had “international flavour”. Some of the people who presented their work at Bhartia’s store include Sunita Kapoor, wife of actor Anil Kapoor, Rohit Khosla and Manisha Jai Singh.
Instructions given to each designer was to create a collection reflecting their one-of-a-kind sensibilities as a brand. Special features from each designer include custom made weaving, saris, capes and unique embroidery.